In the mood for a traditional sweet treat? I love whipping up shortbread cookies to satisfy that craving! From its mouthwatering rich, buttery flavour to its perfect crumbly texture, you can never go wrong by offering shortbread cookies to any guest as a little after dinner dessert (hey, maybe even before dinner… sometimes we can’t wait!). This super simple 4-ingredient recipe will soon be a no-brainer for you. Give it a try and then let us know what you think by leaving a review on our website or on our Facebook page!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Make sure ingredients are measured accurately in order to get the perfect tasting/textured shortbread cookie!
- Cream butter and sugar until it becomes fluffy.
- Stir the vanilla into the fluffy mixture; then add the flour. Do not over mix the dough.
- Once mixture is prepared, portion your cookies by hand onto the baking sheet or shape them using a cookie press (using a cookie press is optional).
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cookies are done when they start to turn a slight golden brown.
Tip: While chilling the dough is not necessary in order to have delicious cookies, try it out and see what you prefer! Chill the dough for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Doing this will allow the butter to solidify and help to create a more firm cookie – it will also help keep the cookies from spreading out on the baking sheet so you’ll know right away what the size of your finished product will be.
Enjoy our Shortbread Cookie recipe? If you feel so inclined, click on the button below.